Cue the workout playlist! It’s time to get strong and sexy for your dream wedding dress. As part of your bridal beauty timeline, plan to implement a healthy eating and fitness regimen at least six months before your big day.
When mapping out your routines, don’t forget to …
• Incorporate both cardio and strength-training exercises.
• Consider the style and silhouette of your wedding dress: a low back calls for shoulder raises and laterals, and any fit-and-flare ensures your booty is the star of the show.
• Cultivate small but powerful habits. Initially it can be hard to change your calendar and routines, but designate a minimum of three time slots per week for workouts. Check in with a workout app to record your best habits, and train your brain and body, Pavlovian-style, with regular mealtimes and exercise benchmarks.
• Stretch! Skipping a warm-up (something as easy as five minutes of yoga!) can result in injury and totally sabotage your groove.
• Hydrate! Meaning drink fluids! Meaning honor that water bottle!
• Don’t get discouraged by a lapse. Some weeks will be busier than others, and it’s easy to lose sight of your goals. When you find yourself ignoring the gym, take time to destress and recharge by opting for yoga and meditation over, you know, CrossFit.
• Have fun! The biggest killer of workout regimens is boredom. Try out an afternoon of rock climbing, or take your bestie for a day of cardio at the beach.
Take a look at Desiree Siegfried’s blog, where she reveals all her exercise secrets to stay lean and toned, plus, tasty recipes!
Read more about this arm workout HERE.
What’s your go-to regimen for working out and staying motivated? We’d love to hear from you on social! Keep up with our blog this month for more bridal-beauty inspiration.