Maggie Sottero Designs, LLC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data which you provide to us when you purchase goods or services through our websites and retailer portals at www.maggiesottero.com, www.sotteroandmidgley.com and www.rebeccaingram.com, make payment to us, make an enquiry to us, visit our websites and retailer portals (regardless of where you visit them from) or otherwise. This privacy notice will also tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Please use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Maggie Sottero Designs, LLC collects and processes your personal data which you provide to us when you purchase goods or services through our websites and retailer portals, make payment to us, make an enquiry to us, visit our websites and retailer portals (regardless of where you visit them from) or otherwise.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Maggie Sottero Designs, LLC is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as the “Company”, "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a representative who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our representative (our “Representative”) using the details set out below.
Our full details are: Maggie Sottero Designs, LLC 2300 S. 1070 W. Salt Lake City, UT 84119 [email protected]
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the proper supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach an supervisory authority so please contact our Representative in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated in January 2020 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Third-party links on our websites
Our websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our websites, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Wedding Data including wear date (wedding date), dress worn, photographer, videographer, location, venue, dress worn, and other details specific to your wedding.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments from you and other details of goods and services you have purchased through our websites and retailer portals.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites, retailer portals and systems.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our websites and retailer portals.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of our websites. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected?
We may use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Location, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for goods or services;
- create an account with us (on our websites, retailer portals or otherwise);
- subscribe to our email marketing and other publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our websites and retailer portals, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
We may also record phone conversations we have with you.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting our Representative.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact our Representative if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
| Purpose/Activity | Type of data | Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest | | ---------- | ---------- | ---------- | | To register you as a new user | (a) Identity
- (b) Contact | Performance of a contract with you | | To process and deliver your order/instructions including:
- (a) Manage payments, fees and charges
- (b) Collect and recover money owed to us | (a) Identity
- (b) Contact
- (c) Financial
- (d) Transaction
- (e) Marketing and Communications | (a) Performance of a contract with you
- (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us) | | To manage our relationship with you which will include:
- (a) Notifying you about changes to our terms or privacy notice
- (b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey | (a) Identity
- (b) Contact
- (c) Profile
- (d) Marketing and Communications | (a) Performance of a contract with you
- b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how users use our websites and retailer portals) | | To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey | (a) Identity
- (b) Contact
- (c) Profile
- (d) Usage
- (e) Marketing and Communications | (a) Performance of a contract with you
- (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how users use our websites and retailer portals, to develop them and grow our business) | | To administer and protect our business and our websites and retailer portals (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) | (a) Identity
- (b) Contact
- (c) Technical | (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
- (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation | | To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you | (a) Identity
- (b) Contact
- (c) Profile
- (d) Usage
- (e) Marketing and Communications
- (f) Technical | Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how users use our websites and retailer portals, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy) | | To use data analytics to improve our websites, retailer portals, marketing, user relationships and experiences | (a) Technical
- (b) Usage | Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of users for our websites and retailer portals, to keep our websites and retailer portals updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy) | | To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you | (a) Identity
- (b) Contact
- (c) Technical
- (d) Usage
- (e) Profile | Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop and grow our business) |
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which goods, services, offers and other information (such as in respect of events we may run or news updates we may provide) may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us, purchased goods or services through our websites and retailer portals, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion. In each case, you will only receive such marketing by electronic means (such as by email or text) if you have opted-in to receive that marketing and have not subsequently opted out of receiving that marketing.
We share your personal data with marketing companies: Rakuten and Zaius. You may read more about Rakuten privacy policies here.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting our Representative at any time.
A cookie is a piece of information stored on your computer’s hard drive that records how you have used a website. The next time you visit that website, it can tailor your options based on the information it has stored about your last visit.
Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact our Representative.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We would not allow any third-party service providers to us to use your personal data for their own purposes and would only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United States of America (“USA”). For example, some Internal Third Parties and External Third Parties may run their operations outside of the EEA or USA. Although they may not be subject to the same data protection laws as organisations based in the EEA and in the USA, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with EEA and USA data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside of the EEA and USA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available from our Representative by request.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. Please see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These are explained in the Glossary.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Representative.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will be provided equal services and pricing from the Company even if you exercise any of your privacy rights, including the right to have your personal information deleted.
- LAWFUL BASIS
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting our Representative.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- THIRD PARTIES
Internal Third Parties
Other companies in the Company’s group, acting as joint controllers or processors.
External Third Parties include:
Service providers acting as processors. Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, accountants/auditors, marketing advisers, human resources advisers and insurers who provide legal, banking, accounting, consultancy, marketing, human resources and insurance services. Revenue and customs authorities, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms. You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features on our Services.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. All requests as outlined above can be made by contacting the Representative by phone at (866) 735-8303 or by email through https://www.maggiesottero.com/contact.
This policy was last modified on January 28, 2020.