Close your eyes and imagine the perfect wedding gown for your curves: It’s supportive (of course), ultra-comfortable (duh), and matches effortlessly with your venue and season (no-brainer). It’s beautifully tailored (yay!), romantic (woot!), and embellished to perfection (yesssss). Above all, it’s made to show off the “best version of yourself,” a natural complement to your favorite features and personality (fabulous!). Need we say more? Because hey, we can definitely say more… Scroll on for perfect plus size wedding dresses from our latest collections!
What Are Plus Size Wedding Dresses?
Plus size wedding dresses refer to styles created for brides looking to show off their natural curves and lush silhouettes. These silhouettes are usually designed with supportive tailoring: premium corsetry, built-in shapewear, and extra coverage for booties, busts, and thighs. Premium wedding dress designers (like Maggie!) will usually offer curvy wedding dresses up to size 28.
At Maggie Sottero, we design all our collections for “Maggie Magic,” AKA the perfect overlap of style, construction, and comfort for every bride. As part of our commitment to DEI and social responsibility, we’re all about creating a range of diverse and very wearable silhouettes with great details — a perfect gown for every bride’s vision, budget, and body type. All our wedding gowns are available sizes 0-28, with many styles tailored specifically for extra support, coverage, and magic that enhances your curves.
The “Maggie Magic” is also about personalization options! We’ve designed our collections for brides to curate their perfect wedding look for their body type, budget, timeline, and vision. As you explore our collections, keep an eye out for sister style variations, ordering options, accessories, pricing filters, and Quick Delivery capsules… These will help you find the perfect style for your perfect day!
Our Favorite Dresses from Spring 2024 for Curvy Brides
Without further ado, here are curvy wedding dresses to shop from our latest collections… When you’re ready, head to an Authorized Retailer to try on styles IRL and personalize your order.
Lace Plus Size Wedding Dresses
Love lace and floral touches? Play up your favorite gown features with lots of motifs and illusion layers — the perfect vibe for a summery (or summer-themed) celebration. Our first pick is Avalon by Maggie Sottero, a simple yet chic A-line with delicate floral lace scattered over the bodice. It’s dreamy, effortlessly romantic, and beautifully tailored to fit your curves.
A few options to personalize Avalon:
- Add the matching veil with lace along the train.
- Extend the train for added drama or remove for a more casual look through special request.
- Add covered buttons down the back for a vintage vibe.
Another gorgeous curve-hugging style is Demetria by Maggie Sottero. This relaxed sheath style features lace all over in dreamy layers of illusion and tulle… It’s like wearing a cloud made of fresh-picked blooms!
Here are ways to make this style your own:
- Extend or shorten the train, or remove the train for a more casual look
- Add covered buttons down the back
- Also available with a fully lined bodice for more coverage
- Add the tulle jacket accented with beaded lace, sold separately
Whimsical Curve Wedding Dresses
Next category: whimsy! If you’ve got a super feminine aesthetic, Laila by Maggie Sottero makes for a chic and playful statement. From the lush 3-D florals to the layers of organza, Laila is an ideal way to show off your curves and play up your favorite features.
Personalize Laila with these shopping options:
- Shorten or remove the train for a more casual look, through special request
- Add covered buttons down the back
- Add the detachable off-the-shoulder tulle wrap accented with unembellished 3-D lace, sold separately
“Whimsical” might be a slight understatement in our next plus size wedding gown… Ruby by Rebecca Ingram is a beautiful balance of sweet, chic, and fabulous. Start with gorgeous floral lace on the tailored bodice cascading beautifully into the skirt and train. Next, consider adding the voluminous off-the-shoulder balloon sleeves. They’re a gorgeous choice for bridal pictures, and the perfect way to change up your look between ceremony and reception.
Love the strapless silhouette without the sleeves? You might also consider adding a classic tulle veil or cape. (Dive into more accessories using our filtering page.)
Ruby is also from our Rebecca Ingram line — romantic wedding gowns at affordable prices. Explore more budget-friendly options in our latest collections!
Sexy Plus Size Wedding Dresses
If you’re shopping for a sexy, form-fitting silhouette to show off your natural curves, you can’t get much more “classic glam” than Hilo by Maggie Sottero. This stunning fit-and-flare is all about the unique fabric and tailoring… It’s Old Hollywood meets modern muse meets chic bridal perfection!
A few options to personalize Hilo for your unique vision:
- Extend or shorten the train
- Add the gorgeous Jacquard bow
- Order as sister style Hilo Marie, comprised of classic satin without the Jacquard texture
- Accessorize with a beautiful bridal veil
Another sexy curve wedding dress is Norvinia Lane by Sottero and Midgley, a luxe and dramatic mermaid style with all-over lace and shimmer. Take in all the details: a gorgeous cateye neckline, exposed corsetry in the bodice, soft glitter in the skirt… It’s exquisitely crafted from hollow to hem!
Your customization options for Norvinia Lane:
- Extend or shorten the train through special request
- Add buttons down the back for a classic vintage vibe
- Style with the cathedral-length tulle veil trimmed in lace motifs, sold separately
- Also available as sister styles Norvinia (a princess ballgown silhouette) or Norvinia Lynette (a dramatic sleeved ballgown)
Flowy Curve Wedding Dresses
For brides in their “flowy” era, look to a slinky silhouette like Dagney by Rebecca Ingram. This boho-chic and Grecian-inspired wedding gown is all about the asymmetrical chiffon… Think beachy goddess meets woodland fairy inspo.
Dagney features a few options to customize:
- Add covered buttons down the back for a vintage vibe
- Style with the detachable off-the-shoulder chiffon cap-sleeves with classic lace motifs, sold separately
- Accessorize with the detachable off-the-shoulder chiffon bishop sleeves, sold separately
- Add a bridal veil in classic tulle or complementary lace
For a flowy wedding dress with shimmery details, look to Marguerite by Maggie Sottero. This beautifully constructed silhouette is all about the bodice embellishments, from the sequined lace and pearls to the subtly sheer corsetry. The lace drifts into an ethereal tulle skirt with a thigh-high slit, a flirty way to show off some leg.
Personalizations for Marguerite include:
- Option to change the glitter tulle to classic tulle
- Extend the train for added drama or remove the train for a more casual look, through special request
- Add covered buttons down the back
- Add the detachable off-the-shoulder beaded lace cap-sleeves, sold separately
- Extra lace motif included for subtle neckline alterations
We’ve also selected Poppy by Rebecca Ingram for curvy brides shopping for a gorgeous flowy gown… This chic yet simple silhouette is an ideal choice for a breezy summer celebration!
A few features and personalizations we’re loving in Poppy:
- A gorgeous lace bodice over sheer tulle
- The flowy chiffon skirt with thigh-high slit
- Option to add covered buttons down the back
- Matching chiffon jacket with flowy bishop sleeves, sold separately
- Accessorize with a lush bridal veil in classic tulle or complementary lace or beaded embellishments
Simple Plus Size Wedding Dresses
For a simple yet ultra-sophisticated statement, get inspired with Ambrose by Maggie Sottero. This lush satin wedding gown is both timeless and modern, an elegantly tailored silhouette that will look stunning for decades to come. It’s also perfect for curvy bodies — an ideal fusion of volume, fit, and tailoring.
To make this black-tie gown unique to you, consider adding a custom bridal veil, cape, or overskirt. You also have the option to shorten or remove the train through special request.
Love this trend? Another chic minimalist style to consider is Andie by Rebecca Ingram, a luxe vintage-inspired style that feels like a million bucks to wear. Soft ruching and pleating makes for effortless wearability, while matte satin creates a glowing, ultra-elegant effect. We’re smitten with this black-tie silhouette for curvy brides!
Options to personalize Andie:
- Add the detachable off-the-shoulder sleeves, sold separately
- Style with an angelic bridal veil
- Add a cape or overskirt
- Extend the train for more drama
Our final pick for plus size wedding dresses is Missy by Rebecca Ingram, a minimalist fit-and-flare with edgy details. Here, the exposed corsetry in the bodice creates a curve-enhancing hourglass effect with long, graceful lines. It’s designed to look and feel like total “Maggie Magic” for your big day.
Love our curated picks? Dive into our full collection of plus size wedding dresses to play with more filters, narrow by category, and explore personalizations! When you’re ready to shop, head to an Authorized Retailer near you:
Best wishes for your best day ever!
More blogs like this: